In the second part of our series entitled “10 Questions with. . . ” we chat with JoJo Modesto, a character loosely based on the character of Blanche DuBois from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s masterpiece 1983. A candid yet sentimental man of frothy build, JoJo nearly wept as he recounted his emotional journey from pediatric oncologist to part-time bass player for Fancy Ketchup.
In the first of a new series entitled “10 Questions with . . . ” we talk to musical and mathematical genius, human rights activist, and former mayor of Fresno, Slick Dickson. Whether waxing philosophically about a wide variety of esoteric topics or discussing the drinkability of Miller Genuine Draft, Slick makes for a humorous yet thought-provoking interview subject.
1. What’s the best aspect of working with FK?
Leaving the gig.
2. Who is your favorite comedian?
Osama Bin Laffin.
3. Can you briefly describe how the band formed?
We met in the unemployment line.
4. What is the future for FK?
5. Who is the true lead singer? Why?
Slick Dixon (cause he rules).
6. If you could overdose on one drug, what would it be?
Vagina, hands down.
7. You guys have like 6 bass players. Why?
It’s part of a (highly successful) prison outreach program.
8. Turn us on to a favorite artist that no one’s heard of.
9. Would you rather be retarded or dead? Why?
I rather be dead retarded.
10. Use 3 adjectives to describe Jack Diablo.
Fucking Dumb-Ass Piece-of-Shit Loser.
Want some raw Baby Dick? Put it on the grill for Independence Day!
Fan video of “Baby Dick,” our closing number from last month’s Bottom of the Hill show.
Hey, we added a “Stories and News” Tab to our homepage. Revisit your favorite post or discover new stories you didn’t even know existed! Makes for great weekend reading around the pool, fire pit, or jail cell.
Here’s some fan footage of “Wonderin’” from Tuesday night’s show at the Bottom of the Hill.